Pages

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Sick days

This week I have been down with a nasty cold. I jokingly told my husband on Monday that I was taking some sick leave, because we all know there are no sick days for the stay-at-home mama. I thought I would share a few moments from my sick days.
  • I snuggled up with my kids to read "The Voyage of the Dawn Treader" by C. S. Lewis. We have been working our way through the Narnia stories since mid-March.
  • My youngest pretended to be my doctor while I was lying on the couch. She brought me her favorite fleece blanket, tissues and some water.
  • I worked with my oldest on Life of Fred Fractions while I was propped up in bed settling in for some rest. My sweet husband worked from home one afternoon so I could catch a nap.
  • I got to witness some amazing fort building.
  • My girls wanted to do my hair while I was resting. So they each got a brush and were combing a section of my hair while I was lying on my pillow.
  • I provided some oversight of the girls' baking project. They made a cookie recipe from Smyrna. So we also looked up some information about Smyrna and found it on the map.
  • I watched some of Julia Child's cooking videos with my oldest daughter.
  • My two youngest daughters drew some illustrations for a story and had me write the story for them.
  • I read "A Pair of Red Clogs" by Masako Matsuno to the little girls over and over again this week. They set up a market like the one from the book and used glass jewels for money.
  • Yesterday I drove my son to his art class while still wearing my pajama pants and realized too late that I needed to run into my office to pick up mail. I managed to get in and out unseen.
  • For myself, I read "Daring Greatly" by Brene Brown. It was so good that I'm going to read it again!
Although my house could be tidier, I think a fair amount was accomplished while I was on the couch this week. And the cleaning will certainly wait for me until I feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment