Pages

Friday, August 9, 2013

Reading goodies

 Lately I have realized how much time and energy I have now that my kids are a bit older and more independent. This article does a beautiful job of describing this time of life that I find myself in.

Renee Tougas wrote about the loneliness of choosing a life outside the norm. Very thought provoking.

This author writes about how to nurture creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit through education. A good read for homeschoolers or those interested in education reform.

Read this one because it doesn't do any good to tell kids to hurry anyway and because "the noticers" are important teachers in our lives.

The word "obstacles" kept jumping out at me in my reading this week:
From a self-written obituary: "...Obstacles in the path are not obstacles, they ARE the path".
And from Pema Chodron's When Things Fall Apart: "What we call obstacles are really the way the world and our entire experience teach us where we're stuck.....Whether we experience what happens to us as obstacle  and enemy or as teacher and friend depends entirely on our perception of reality."

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment